Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Hitty Nanny Hope Goes to School

October, 12,2011

Today Linda goes to school to volunteer and she has asked me to go with her. I would like that. We get into her car and within five minutes we are there. Here is the entrance we go in.





We go inside the doors and there is this welcoming wall .


WE then go into the office where Linda has to sign us in as volunteers. The principal, Mrs. Morgan, is there and we ask if she will let us take her picture. She was happy to do it.




Outside of the office there on a table was a very cute decoration. I asked Linda to take my picture with it.




We walk down the hallway and turn to the right and there is the volunteer room.





There is many machine that the volunteers use. There is a paper cutter, a ,laminator that they use a lot , a printer that prints I bet 100 copies in just a little time.









One teacher left us a bottle of glue for a project she needed us to do. It is almost as tall as I am.





We had to glue shapes onto these very small clothespins.



We stopped for lunch and I was looking around the table and found this little friend and we had a good talk before I went back to work.





WE had a box of books that we had to put sign in sheets in the back of them and take back to the library.







I heard a voice saying Hi Grandma and we looked around and there was Linda's great-granddaughter, Chloe. Linda asked me if I would like a picture with Chloe and I said yes. Chloe is in the fourth grade at Flintstone School.





We are getting ready to go home. I think volunteering is great. It helps the teachers to get a lot of things to help teach the children. Everyone at school was so nice to me and I will never forget my visit there.

No comments:

Post a Comment